- During the installation of a SAP NetWeaver system, the installer stops with the following pop-up error:
- Near the end of sapinst_dev.log file, you can see a similar message, such as the one below:
sapinst_dev.log ERROR <date> <time>FCO-00011 The step runRADDBDIF with step key |NW_Doublestack_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|ci|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:3|0|runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Unable to call function. Error message: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised. .).
- SAP NetWeaver Systems as of NW 6.40 and up to NW 7.3;
- Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM) tool;
- Operating System Independent;
- Database Independent.
Installation, System Copy, RADDBDIF, WRITE_FAILED, transport directory, unix, windows, access, authorization, I/O, permission, DIR_TRANS, TRANSDIR, SWPM, Software Provisioning Manager, solman, solution, error, reports, sapinst , KBA , BC-INS , Installation Tools (SAP Note 1669327) , BC-INS-FWK , sapinst and slplugin/slcb , BC-INS-SWPM , Installation with Software Provisioning Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.