You post a bank statement. During post processing you access a related payment allocation which displays the error message "Posting date invalid due to closed accounting period; contact Accounting."
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the Bank Statements view.
- From the Show list select All Bank Statements.
- Select the statement ID in question and choose Required in the Post Processing status collumn.
- You automatically navigate to the related payment allocation showing the error message "Posting date invalid due to closed accounting period; contact Accounting."
The payment allocation cannot be posted as the accounting period of the payment allocation's posting date is blocked for posting.
In case it is not an option to re-open a closed period - post the payment allocation to a date and period which are open for posting the transactions by referring to open & close periods
- Select the Payment Allocation ID from Payment Management or Liquidity Management work center.
- In the Payment Allocation screen press on view all.
- Change the posting date to a period which is open for operational postings.
- Press Post.
Posting date invaud due to closed accounting period , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions