- Why does Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) fail to boot and raise os_create_region errors
- ASE log shows an error sequence with messages that start with :
kernel: os_create_region can't allocate xxx
and end with
kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region.
kistartup: could not create shared memory
- In between the above messages a wide variety of other, OS related error messages can be printed. Examples of such messages are :
- os_create_region: shmget (0xxxxxxx): No space left on device
- os_get_shmid: write to $SYBASE/ASE-XX_0/<Instace_name>.krg failed: No space left on device
- os_create_region: shmat(-1): Invalid argument
- Attach failed with 0. Retrying with NULL address
- Attempt to attach shared memory (id -1) at address (nil), with flags 0 failed
- Cannot attach shared memory : error = 22 (Invalid argument)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) any version
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) for Business Suite
shget, shmat, SHMMAX, kbcreate, kistartup, shared memory, segments, abnormal exit, removed, deleted, ipcs, ipcrm, amount of memory in use, allocate max shared memory, fragmented memory , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.