- What are the graphic, picture or image format supported in Crystal Reports?
- What are the format of picture that can be added to Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report, or open an existing report.
- Insert an image on the report by selecting "Picture", under the menu "Insert"
What are the format of picture that can be added to Crystal Reports?
- Crystal Reports support inserting the pictures stored in the following format:
- Joint Photographic Experts (JPG)
- bitmap (BMP)
- Portable Network Graphic (PNG)
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)**
- Crystal Reports will be converting the image to bitmap format internally, therefore it is possible the image quality changes when viewed in Crystal Reports.
- To be able to control the image quality for JPG, and PNG formats, convert your images to bitmap (BMP) format in an image processing application, and insert the bitmap images on the report.
- ** In Crystal Reports 2020 - Support Pack 02, added back the support of TIFF images.
For previous version, TIFF images can be inserted on a report when adding the registry key: SupportTiff, and setting the value to: Yes
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FormatOptions\SupportTiff=Yes
CR, image, picture, graphic, support, supported format, tif, jpg, png, jpg , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020