You want to change customer name in a project, but it is not editable.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects view.
- Choose the Project XYZ (represents the project ID of a project in status Released).
- Choose Edit -> Project Plan button.
- Go to Accounting sub tab.
- Here you can see the Customer field under Customer section is read only and you cannot change it.
Once the Project or Project task is Started or Released we cannot change the Customer name. Once project or project task released they will be communicated to other objects of FIN, HCM, SRM and CRM along with responsible unit possibly the cost center so that any actuals Time recoding, expense, sales on the task would be linked with cost center. The Customer is directly linked to CRM hence the system will not allow you to change the Customer once the project is released as changing the Customer would lead to inconsistencies.
System works as designed.
If there are no follow up documents created kindly create a new project copying the existing project in planning status change the customer name and release the project.
KBA , released project change customer , change project customer , change project client , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To