Project Baseline didn't go for approval process though it is submitted for approval.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Choose Change Management view.
- Choose Project ID here you can view all baselines, grouped by project ID.
- View or Edit the required Baseline ID here we can see the Baseline status is Active and it didn't go for Approval process when it is submitted for approval.
Note : when the Baseline is created it will be in Active Status when you edit the Baseline it will be In Planning Status.
When you create new base line and Choose submit for approval then it will go to In Approval Status. Once it is approved it will be in Active Status and we can find the Approver of the Baseline under Basic Data tab. when the Approver send the Baseline back to revision it will be In Planning Status
You have not scoped Approval process for project baseline currently .
How to configure Project Baseline Approval process for Normal and Multi-Step Approval for Project Baseline Approval Process.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Implementation Projects view.
- Choose the concerned Project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to Questions.
- Under Scoping Element --> Choose Project Management --> Choose Change Management
- Check the question Do you want to use an approval process for project baseline? if you want the scope the normal approval process for project baseline or check the question Do you want to use a multi-step approval process for project baselines? if you want the scope the Multi-Step Approval for Project Baseline.
- Click Next and Finish Scoping.
Once the Project Baseline Approval scoped the baseline is submitted it will go to Cost Center Manager for approval or Multi-Step Approval for Project Baseline is scoped then the approval process determined by the settings made in the Approvals Processes view of the Application and User Management work center.
Note : If the Multi-Step Approval for Project Baseline is scoped then only the Approvals Process view of the Application and User Management work center is considered and not the normal process even if conditions in multi step are not matching.
[Enter your Keywords here...] , KBA , project base line approval , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To