- Errors reported to Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) errorlog in continuous loop:
kernel nopen: accept, Bad file number
kernel nopen: accept, Socket operation on non-socket
- ASE configured for multiple engines
- Occurs only on Unix-based systems
- Use sp_listener and sp_engine or DBCC ENGINE to "online" one or more additional ASE engines
- Execution of sp_sysmon prior to the engine online attempt changes error to the socket message above
- Truss output for the indicated engine may report Err#95 ENOTSOCK
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.x
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.1
KBA , cr421061 , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.