- Any command on SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) may hang after it has run out of locks
- instead of aborting the process, ASE hangs upon exhausting locks
- diagnostic dbcc commands like dbcc stacktrace() also hangs.
- ASE may have raised error 1204 (SQL1204) before it hangs.
- Error 1204:
- ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
ASE, SYB, hung, hang, hanging, 1204, number of locks, CR742191, CR#742191, 742191 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.