- Unable to execute a remote ASE backup
- Unable to connect to a remote ASE Backup Server using isql
- Unix "ping" the remote server establishes a connection
- When executing a remote backup, the backup fails with the connection errors shown below:
- Local backup log:
Backup Server: 126.96.36.199: Client-Library error: Error number 44, Layer 4, Origin1, Severity 4: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error:
- When connecting to a remote Backup Server using isql, the following error messages are returned to the console:
The attempt to connect to the server failed..Backup Server: 188.8.131.52: Cannot open a connection to the remote[*] site 'test157_BS'.
Start the remote Backup Server if it is not running.
- Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'test1503', Line 1:
Error encountered by Backup Server. Please refer to Backup Server messages for details.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
backup, backupserver, remote, 184.108.40.206 , KBA , slave , cr738322 , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.