- SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise) ADO.NET Data Provider is deployed on machine without SAP Sybase ASE SDK (Software Developer's Kit installation).
- SAP Sybase ASE database server is configured with default charset = cp850.
- Connection attempt is made and results in either of these two errors, depending on ADO.NET Provider release:
- Could not load code page for requested charset
- Client unable to establish a connection (Using ADO.NET Provider from SDK 15.7 SP122)
- No environmental variables set for SDK install
- SAP Sybase ASE Database Server 15.7
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider
- 2.0 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient.dll )
- 3.5 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet35.AseClient.dll )
- 4.0 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet4.AseClient.dll )
- Windows 7, 2008 (R2) and higher, typically 64-bit, but same occurs when using 32-bit
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and higher, using C# or VB.NET
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
adodotnet, character set , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.