The timesheet entries that are rejected from the approver cannot be deleted by the employee ABC for a project XYZ because of the Delete button is in greyed out mode.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Home work center.
- Choose Self-Services Overview view.
- Choose the link Edit Time Sheet.
- The time sheet screen opens and here when the employee ABC tries to delete the rejected hours from the Time Sheet for the project XYZ, the Delete button is in grayed out mode.
The cause for the issue is the project XYZ is in Closed Status and it is not possible to delete those time entries recorded against the project by the employee ABC hence the Delete button is in greyed out.
This is the standard system behaviour.
There are two possible ways if you wish to delete those rejected time hours, and they are
- The Administrator can delete the Rejected hours from the Employee Time Sheet via Time Administration work center or
- Can revoke the project status back to Release status then the system enables the delete button and the employee can delete the rejected hours from the time sheet.
The steps to revoke the project status back to release status are as follows
- Navigate to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects View.
- Select Projects sub view.
- Choose Project XYZ .
- Choose Edit button and click on Project Plan Button.
- Go to Basic Data tab.
- Go to Project Status value help select Revoke Closure and Revoke Completion.
- Click on Save button.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To