How to add the party role such as the Sales Unit as a field in the excel upload template for Sales Orders, Service Orders or Sales Quotes.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
The same applies to sales and service orders and multiple party roles such as ServicePerformerParty, Sales Unit etc.. We will use sales order and the party role Sales Unit in the excel template NewSalesOrder as an example:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Click on the New button and select the Sales Order from Microsoft Excel® option.
In the sales order excel file the Sales Unit is not displayed by default.
You need to enhance the sales order template using the available field of the XML schema in order to add the Sales Unit to the template.
- Open the excel file NewSalesOrder.
- Select any field such as the Account ID.
- Right click on the field and select XML > XML Source.
4. Locate and select the node SalesUnitParty > Party ID.
5. Select the <value> field.
6. Drag and drop the value field to a blank field on the excel file.
You can now use this field as an input field for the sales unit.
For Custom Fields this is also possible. See Blog: How to customize Excel import template (example for Marketing Leads)?
Excel Template; Excel Upload; Upload; Sales Order; Service Order; XML; Party Role; Sales Unit; Service Execution Team; Service Performer; Sales Quote; Quote , KBA , sales quote; quote; excel; upload , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To