In a customer contract, the quantity displayed in your invoice schedule is not the one you expected (the recurrence pattern is set up as monthly and the quantity in days).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Contracts view.
- From the Common Tasks select New Contract and click on View All.
- Select the contract date and the duration 01.01.2014 until 31.12.2014 (for instance).
- In the General tab, enter the account and all mandatory information such as the sales unit.
- In the Items tab, add service item XYZ (XYZ represents the identification of the service item).
- Select an item type as Service - fixed price without actuals (for instance).
- Select the Quantity as: 1 day.
- Check the box Price per Period.
- Go to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select the Invoice Schedule sub-tab.
- Click on Edit Invoicing Time Frame button.
- Select the Start Date as: 01.01.2014.
- Select the End Date as: 01.03.2014.
- Select Recurrence Pattern: Monthly.
- Check the Applied box to apply it to the line item.
- Click OK.
The quantity 60,874 is displayed and each recurrence has a quantity of 30,437, but you expect to see instead 31 days and 28 days.
As the price per period flag is selected, the system calculates the quantity as per the year. In a non-leap year there are 365 days, in a leap year there are 366 days. The length of the year is then 365.2425 days. The system calculates: 365,2425 / 12 = 30,436875 days. For this reason, each recurrence would have 30,436875 days.
In case you want to keep the recurrence pattern set up as monthly, we would suggest to use the unit Month in the Items tab. Once this is done you will see 2 reccurences pattern with quantity 1 month. Or you can also uncheck the box for Price per Period on Items tab if it is not relevant.
contrat ; échéancier de factures ; période de facturation ; traiter période de facturation ; quantité , KBA , AP-CCP , Customer Contract Processing , How To