After experiencing substantial load, the Report Application Server may experience issues like:
- Excessive / steadily growing memory consumption and/or CPU%
- Performance gradually slowing down
- Core Dumps from the RAS server
- Report Jobs not returning and tying up threads
Typical sources of load include:
- RAS SDK application(s)
- manual use, e.g. report customization or exporting
- batch processing
In lighter use scenarios, the same issues can occur, simply after a more extended period of time.
- Business Objects Enterprise XI R2
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.0
- Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3
RAS Batch OutOfMemory OOM Memory Export Process Processing , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.