A 257 error, "Implicit conversion from datatype '...' to '...' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query." may be raised with meeting all following conditions.
- "statement cache" is configured
- A parameterized statement (containing '?' parameters) is executed without using the DYNAMIC_PREPARE option
- Send a NULL value for one or more of the parameters
- The datatype specified for the NULL value is incompatible with the target column affected by the statement
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.2 or later
- jConnect for JDBC 6.0.5, 7.0
traceflag, trace, flag, 7741, -T7741, LITERAL_PARAMS , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.