- Whenever promotion management promotes a report/object from one system to another, its filename gets a "guid-[xxxx]" tag appended to it.
- Subsequent promotions to other systems keeps adding these tags, till the filename exceeds the 256 character limit.
- After this, the physical file never gets promoted to any destination, even if the status shows as "Success".
- When user tries to open such report the following error is displayed "Document cannot be retrieved from the File Repository Server. (WIS 30951) (Error : INF)".
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- All supported Windows Server OS
migrate, migration, object, lcm, prompt, promote, transfer, trans, guid, uid, id, xguid, frs, input, output, WebI, tags, report, file, name, Windows, 256, characters , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.