You are trying to post Manual Posting - Revaluation for a fixed asset and encountered the error message "Offsetting Item Data Are Not Required".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the Fixed Asset XYZ.
- You can either Edit the asset and then apply manual postings or directly access this feature by choosing Manual Posting.
- Choose Revaluation.
- Fill in all required parameters like Set of Books, dates, Valuation View, Revaluation Of, account etc.,
- Either Post or Simulate the resulting journal entry.
The error "Offsetting Item Data Are Not Required" appears.
You have selected the valuation view XX - which is statistical in nature and for this no postings will get generated so the assignment of Offsetting GL account is also not required.
For statistical valuation views there is no need to enter a general ledger account under Offsetting Account Assignment. An offsetting account assignment is only required for book depreciation valuation views.
For 1 - Book depreciation it is required to enter a GL Account under offsetting account assignment field.
For 10 - Federal tax ACRS/MACRS - with bonus it is not required to enter a GL Account under offsetting account assignment field.
offsetting item date are not required , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To