Case Study (Attach Document):
As discussed in: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-54509 (Work Manager 6.0 Attach Document Handling Support in Work Manager 6.0 page 3 - Summary), the attach document content is downloaded to the device via a push process only at the user target request. The initial WO downloaded attachment only contains limited information.
- Downloaded WO (has limited information about the attached document).
- User to press a button to download the full document.
- SAP to push the full data down to the client during the on demand push event.
When debugging a failed download tied to a work order, the user sometimes try to re-download a work order with attachment then try to request the file from the client just to check if the push part of the flow works. This seems to be an ineffective way for a user to reinitiate a push request if the client just missed the push event (in essence the push is in the queue).
- Is there an easier way to push the file to the client from SAP versus using the client to request for the attach document to be pushed to it or to retry the push event?
- A Push event is a timed event and if the device missed this timed event (due to unforeseen event like disruption or disconnection or the file is being pushed to the wrong port - typo in configuration KBA # 1996731) then there has to be a way to force or trigger the push event again?
SAP Work Manager 6.0.0
"Attach document does not work in Work Manager", "Push failure in attach document", "Work Manager attachment not working", "technique to do in Work Manager to get the attachment" , KBA , MOB-SYC-SAP , Syclo Mobility for SAP backend , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.