This article explains the proper methodology to patch or update BI 4.x server or client software in a clustered or distributed configuration of SAP BI Platform deployment simultaneously or in parallel.
- When installing an update on a distributed BI platform deployment, where servers and components are installed across multiple host-machines, you
are required to apply the patches to hosts in a specific order for the system to update properly.
- Until BI 4.0 SP04, updating servers in a distributed deployment was done by patching the servers one after the other ( sequentially ), which was time consuming ( see SAP kbase 1807514 ).
- From BI 4.0 SP05 and above (including BI 4.1, 4.2 & above), the deployment order has changed for distributed systems. It is now possible to patch servers simultaneously in parallel.
- However, this needs to be done in a specific order and some considerations which need to be taken to patch the servers in a distributed environment successfully.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
- Linux / Unix
BI, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.x, Parallel, Patching, update, upgrade, patch, install, cluster, distributed, multiple, nodes, several, SP04, SP05, best, practice, bpkba, biinst, license, key, error , KBA , 4.3 , parallel , distributed , bpkba , multiple , nodes , biinst , 4.2 , cluster , 4.0 , 4.1 , install , best practice , patch , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.