You have canceled a customer invoice. When you run the Journal report the system shows the canceled document as a valid one for the Source Doc. Item and you consider this behavior not correct.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center
- Select the Design Reports view
- Search for the Journal report and open it
- Complete the necessary search details like Company, Set of Books, Posting Date
- Click on Go button
- On the right side of the screen extend the Not Currently Shown list
- Select the Source Doc. ID option and with the right mouse button Move to Rows
- The same you can do for Source Doc. Item
- In the Source Doc. ID field type the current valid customer invoice cancellation ABC
- And click on Go button
- You can see the original and canceled customer invoice XYZ still linked on the report on the Source Doc. Item field
On your perspective this is not correct as the original document XYZ is canceled and hence should not appear anymore on the report.
Once we cancel a customer invoice the journal entry is reversed and for this action the system must register which is the direct document that was canceled.
In this case the Source Doc. Item will be the original one (even if it is canceled). It is the only way the system has to link the document-flow.
The scenario is working properly and the Source Doc. Item is directly depended on the Source Document ID they are not independent.
This is to ensure that the document-flow is tied with the chronologic document creation.
KBA , AP-LEC , Logistics Execution Control , How To