- Table in question is very large (4TB in this instance)
- INSERT to table is simple:
insert into mytable select * from #my_temp_table
- INSERT fails with error 3626:
Msg 3626, Level 17, State 1: Server 'SYBASE', Line 1: The transaction was aborted because it used too much stack space. Either use sp_configure to increase the stack size, or break the query into smaller pieces. spid: %d, suid: %d, hostname: %.*s, application name: %.*s
- Error 3626 is followed by a stack overflow error:
stack_tracer: stack overflow last chance handler. Task 107807543 has completely exhausted stack at line 664 in file ... Cleanup is no longer possible and task will be killed
- Stack trace may include modules such as stack_abort(), stack_oflow(), pg__clean_oam(), pg__insertoam()
- Stack trace may loop indefinitely (until stack overflows) on certain module sequence, such as:
- Once stack overflows, ASE shuts down
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
loop, module,stack_abort(), stack_oflow(), pg__clean_oam(), pg__insertoam() , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.