Customer Invoice XYZ is based on Sales Order ABC. Sales Order ABC contains 2 line items, each for the same product DEF.
In line with the definitions made in the Business Configuration the expectation is that Profit Center A is pulled into the resulting journal entry for both invoice line-items XYZ-10 and XYZ-20.
When opening the invoice journal entry you notice that in the line-items representing the revenue posting, one item credits profit center B and the other profit center A.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In this case the profit center should be derived from the product category.
To identify the product category:
- Click the Product ID.
- In the product master data, choose View All.
- In tab General the Product Category is indicated
The definitions for the profit center allocation are made in:
- Business Configuration work center.
- Fine Tuning activity Profit Center Derivation.
- Select Profit Center Derivation by Product Category for Sales.
For the respective Company ID and Sales Unit ID you find the product category and the allocated Profit Center ID A.
Profit center B is already assigned in sales order item ABC-10. Initially when the sales order was created a different product/service has been provided in sales order item ABC-10. Consequently a different defined product category led to the deviating profit center derivation B. Only later the product has been changed.
It is a current system definition that the once executed profit center derivation will not happen again and remains the same.
In case an affected sales order and/or invoice cannot be canceled a profit center re-assignment can be effected for sales order items.
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Enter the Sales Document Items view.
- In the search field, select sales order ABC and select item ABC-10.
- Via the button Reassign it is possible to specify the desired profit center A.
In order for profit center A to be perpetuated the invoice journal entry will have to be reposted. The financial period has to be re-opened in case it is closed by now.
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Open the Closing Cockpit view and click Source Documents.
- Select Show: All Source Documents.
- Open the Advanced select option and specify 28 - Customer Invoice as Related Source Document Type and XYZ as Related Source Document ID.
- Click Actions and choose View Business Transaction.
By choosing Reverse and Repost the correct profit center will be transferred into the journal entry and into financial reporting.
profit center derivation; sales order; customer invoice; journal entry , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To