This article intends to describe the settings that can be applied for 360 Multi-Rater templates and which of them apply for live forms.
SAP SuccessFactors 360 Multi-Rater
Available from Admin Center > 360 Reviews > Form Template Settings
Note: while we can provide recommendations, Customer Support is not able to provide definitive advice as to what is right or wrong for you. Please engage Professional Services when consultation advice is needed. It is the responsibility of each client to thoroughly test the options you have set (regardless if you personally set, had Product Support, PS or a Partner set them) and confirm before launching to end users that the outcomes and behaviors you need are met. Remember, no setting is wrong, but it may not be right for you.
General Template Information
- Download Form Template Button: Export an XML copy of your template to transfer to another instance, save as backup, or use to make a new version.
- Template Name: identifies one template from the other.
- The template name is the unique name of the individual form template, not the form type. For example, if you're using two different versions of 360 forms, you'll have two form templates. The Template Name is the unique name that identifies one template from the other in PerformanceManager.
Note: We recommend not using this form element to rename existing form templates in PerformanceManager. It is not recommended to simply change the name of the form template when going from year to year; when a new form for a new year is needed Customer Success should be contacted. If you use this form element to rename an existing form template, your reports won't recognize the change. Your report results will combine data from the originally named template and the newly named template, treating them as the same form template. To ensure that your reports will recognize different form templates, name your form templates before you upload them and do not change the name at a later time.
- Template Type: = PM 360
- Last Modified: = Displays a date and time stamp of the last time this form template was modified. The information is recorded automatically. This is a read-only field.
- Routing Map: (route map currently linked - changing this will not update forms already with people)
- Default Dates for Form Creation:
- Default Start Date: Specifies the start of the period being evaluated.
- Default End Date Specifies the end of the period being evaluated.
- Default Due Date: Specifies the date on which the form is due.
- The Default Start Date, Default End Date, and Default Due Date all work in conjunction with each other to specify the review period and the date when the form is due.
- Default Due Notification Date (in days): (note this is the offset days from Default Due Date. The system will send only one email on this date)
- Default Late Notification Date (in days): (The system will send only one email on this date)
- Template Status: = Enable/Disable - Note: if disabled you will not be able to use this template in planning, and this may also cause issues with live programs & reporting.
- Specifies the availability of the template, either Enabled or Disabled. You can change the template status at any time.
- Enabled templates are active and available for use. If a user is granted permission to use the forms, the Enabled templates show up on their list of forms on the New Documents Wizard page. Users can then use the template to create a new form.
- Disabled templates are inactive but still stored in PerformanceManager. Disabled templates don't display on the list of forms on the New Documents Wizard page, and can no longer be used to create new forms. Only the Administrator is able to view a disabled template. Users can finish completing any in-progress forms already created from the template before it was disabled.
- Specifies the availability of the template, either Enabled or Disabled. You can change the template status at any time.
- Template Flag: = Public/Private - This should always be set to Public. Private is no longer a supported option.
- Public forms are transferable whenever a manager-transfer process is started. For example, all public forms under the old manager are transferred to the new manager.
- Transfer Options: For all the transfer options below you should always default them all to enabled. If you do not enable all these in a compensation program problems will occur on worksheets relative to manager transfers. WILL apply to live forms
- Do Not Transfer Document - (applies to live forms) Setting this option disables all following options and means forms will not change on any manager changes regardless of any other settings you have elsewhere!
- Automatic Manager Transfer
- Automatic insertion of new manager as next document recipient if not already. (not recommended, especially later in the year when it doesn't make sense for a new manager to be inserted into the workflow, for example when forms are in signature steps.)
- Automatic Inbox Document Transfer To New Manager - Recommended
- Automatic En Route Document Transfer To New Manager - Recommended
- Automatic Completed Document Copy to New Manager - Not typica
- Automatic Process Owner Change To New Manager For In-Progress Documents When Old Manager is Process Owner (Only for 360) - Recommended
- Automatic Process Owner Change To New Manager For Completed Documents When Old Manager is Process Owner (Only for 360) - Not typical
- When transferring 360 documents from old manager`s inbox folder to new manager, do not auto decline old manager`s participant forms in evaluation.
- When transferring 360 documents which are in evaluation stage, add new manager as a participant. (If new manager is a removed participant, he/she will be re-added.) - Not recommended unless it is typical that the new manager is going to be able to contribute meaningful input.
- When the system is configured to remove documents for inactive employees, apply these overrides so that the system does not remove documents for this form template WILL apply to live forms. We recommend the following options are not checked unless your process requires forms for inactive (terminated) users remain active.
- Do Not Remove Inactive Employee's In-Progress Documents
- Do Not Remove Inactive Employee's Completed Documents
- Do Not Remove Inactive Employees' 360 Evaluation Documents
- Default Targets: - Determines who will get this plan by default when you create forms. Choices are Self and Direct Reports, Self Only , or Direct Reports Only
- Self and Direct Reports – enables a user to create a form for which he/she or one of his/her direct reports is the subject
- Self Only – enables a user to create a form for which he/she is the subject
- Direct Reports Only – enables a user to create a form for which one of his/her direct report is the subject
- HR Reports Only - enables a user to create a form for which HR report is the subject
- Self and Matrix Reports - enables a user to create a form for which he/she or one of his/her matrix reports is the subject
- Matrix Reports Only - enables a user to create a form for which one of his/her matrix reports is the subject
- The user creating the form is called the form originator
- See also setting for "Allow form creator to select anyone as a subject
- Form Timeout Alert (minutes prior to end of session): = None 5 10 15 - Remember all sessions time-out in 30 mins. So setting it to 10 means you can work for 20 minutes before the popup alert is displayed. WILL apply to live forms
- Keep last touched version upon Document completion - Not recommended unless a person should never see updated version once they send it on.
- Enable Auto Logout at Session Timeout - Recommended. Improves user experience once a session times out. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Auto Restore Deleted Form When Importing User - Recommended only if it is common to reinstate users & their old forms, or possibly as a one off action at a point-in-time. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Spell Check - Recommended. Allows users to spell check open text fields. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Legal Scan - Recommended. Allows users to check their language in open text fields. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Spell Check On Route - Recommended unless you want to enforce a spell check WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Legal Scan On Route - Recommended unless you want to enforce a legal scan WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Rich Text Editing of Comment Fields - Recommended. Enables users to add text formatting. Otherwise text will be plain text. Disabling this will result in any special formatting to be lost. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Writing Assistant - Enables the writing assistance for competency sections of your template if your form has been configured to use this feature. Recommended. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Ask For Edit Routing - Recommended you have this checked WILL apply to live forms
- Allow Add Approver/Evaluator - Not Recommended as typically a required workflow is predefined when launched. It can be enabled when/if it is needed to address a need to add new approvers. WILL apply to live forms
- Bypass Draft Routing - This is an obsolete feature
- Disable All Toolbar Buttons (overrides all button selections below). Not recommended. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Print Button - Disables the print friendly versions built into the application. The print icon will no longer show on any users form using this template. Not recommended. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Send and Open Next Form Button - Recommended you select to disable. When the users sends the current form they have open to next user, it will also open the next form in their inbox automatically so they can start working on that form. This is particularly helpful for managers, but not typically used by most clients. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Page Setup button - Recommended you leave unchecked. No longer allows users to print the form in PDF format, or print only selected sections of a form. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Delete button - Recommended. This will enable a permissioned user to delete the form from their inbox. Typically we recommend this is checked to prevent users accidentally deleting forms. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Note button - No longer allows users to search and open any Notes about the subject of the form or to create new notes. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Form button - Recommended you check this to disable it. No longer allows users to view other forms about the subject while working in the current form. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable 360 button - prevents users from viewing 360-type forms about the form subject that would otherwise be viewable in a pop-up window WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Info button - If data privacy is important it is recommended you check this option. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Download button - Recommended you have this checked. Unchecked enables Offline Forms which is a legacy feature.
- Disable Send button - Removes the Send Button and prevents anyone from routing the form forward. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Send button for completed documents - Prevents someone from sending a copy of the form to others. (We recommend you have this disabled to prevent privacy concerns) WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Late Notification - Not Recommended WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Due Notification - Not Recommended WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Step Exit Notification - Not Recommended WILL apply to live forms
- Allow form creator to select anyone as the subject - Not recommended unless part of your expected process
- Allows users to select a form subject outside of self or direct reports
- A "Find User" search box will appear in the New Document wizard
- Allow Matrix Manager to Delete document if Delete button is available - Not recommended unless this is part of your desired ability for a Matrix Manager (EX) WILL apply to live forms
- Show Participants in Status Summary (Applicable to Anonymous 360's only) - Not recommended unless desired. WILL apply to live forms
- Allow Re-Selection of Removed Participants to Feedback Team after 360 Evaluation starts - WILL apply to live forms
Recommended. Allows employees to add back participants they’ve deleted from the form. The users will be able to add the deleted participants from the Add New Participants page The deleted Participant will be shown with their original category settings.
- Don't display the subject's Manager and HR Rep. by default as potential participants - Prevents the subject's manager and HR representative from automatically appearing in the participant list on the form.
- Hide dropped users records in 360 Ad Hoc report (Important Note: Report synchronization is required after this configuration to ensure that dropped users in existing forms will not be displayed in 360 ad-hoc report. Please go to Company Settings and run "Sync" in 360 Multi-Rater Subject.)
- Category Weight Setting:
- Enable category weight normalization : If you check it, system will auto-normalize the total category weight to 100(also impact every single category).
- Hide category weight tips in Summary View
- Hide category weight legend in Detail Report
- Participants Threshold Control - Apply threshold on Participant Level or Item Level. - Participant Level is recommended. More info..
- Enable 360 Drilldown Permission for (select role) - Determine which roles can drilldown into details. WILL apply to live forms
- Detailed 360 Report Permission Control - Use Form XML or Enable 360 Detailed Report Permission for. We recommend you use the option "Enable 360 Detailed Report Permission for" as you can then control it via admin tools without needing to update xml.
- Hide Detailed 360 Report link unless x participants complete their forms - The detailed report will only be available once this number is reached. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Detailed 360 Report button in routing bar. - Hides the Detailed 360 Report icon from form page tool bar. WILL apply to live forms (Only applies to 360 v11 version)
- Hide the 'decline to participate' button on the 360 form for selected roles - This feature is especially helpful, for example, if you want to ensure that all employees complete a self review but still allow all other raters to choose the ability to participate or not. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Add New Participants after 360 Evaluation starts for selected roles - Defines who can add new participants. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Send Back for selected roles - When enabled any of the selected roles can send the form back. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Send Reminder Email for selected roles - When enabled the selected roles can send the reminder emails to participants WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Remove Participants after 360 Evaluation starts for selected roles - Defines who will have permission to remove participants from the form. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Gap Analysis View from Detailed 360 Report. - Only enable if you want managers to be able to report on gaps. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Rank View from Detailed 360 Report. - Only enable if you want to rank results. WILL apply to live forms
- Show Display Options in Graphical Summary View - Default Display Options in Graphical Summary View. WILL apply to live forms (Options "Expand categories" and "Show ranges" only applies to 360 v11 version)
- Calculate the item ratings by sub-item ratings in Detailed 360 Report
- Display the ratings in Detailed 360 Report with the decimal places which are set in form template.
- Display 360 graph axis rating labels (Only applies to 360 v11 version)
- Enable enhanced Detailed 360 Report anonymity - You can display comments without showing the Rater Category, and you can disable the Expand Categories option
- Hide the email sender for 360 Document Complete Notification and 360 Document Reject Notification. (Only applicable for Anonymous 360).
- Show on-form workflow options as a pulldown list - Enable this to use a dropdownlist instead of linear boxes. Not recommended unless you are wanting to make the workflow less visable. WILL apply to live forms
- Show Signoff routing step names in Signoff Stage - This option is obsolete.
- Display Step Start Date - Recommended when using dates in your route map. Displays the start date of the step in the route map, if specified. WILL apply to live forms
- Enable form title editability in Form info page (V10) - This is an obsolete feature
- Enable form title editability in the Form (V10) - This is an obsolete feature
- Hide manager's own documents in Manager Dashboard - Not recommended. Manager dashboard is a V10 feature and should not be enabled for V11 onwards.
- Enable Word XML Export - This enables the option to export your 360 information in word xml format. - Not recommended or typically used WILL apply to live forms
- Enable 360 Add External Participants section - Recommended when external participants are part of your process. WILL apply to live forms
- Hide the link to the detailed 360 report in the En Route and Completed folders until all users have completed the 360. - WILL apply to live forms
- Enable Calibration Mode. - If calibration-mode is defined, together with enabling Calibration Mode on a form template level, a user can review and provide feedback on the section items for multiple subjects (from multiple documents of the same type) on a single screen at the same time. WILL apply to live forms
- Disallow further invitations when a user has already been invited to rate x forms. (The option will be regarded as disabled if the maximum number is set zero.) Warning - This option will not take effect in Mass Create Form Instances or Launch 360 Forms in current release. WILL apply to live forms
- Inherit Permissions through Send Copy - Options are for 360 Detailed Report Permission and 360 Drilldown Permission. We don't recommend this for general usage, but it can be helpful to enable this if managers typically send copies and the recipient needs the same options. WILL apply to live forms
- Hide the Show Assignment button. - Recommended. Prevents the managers and users from deleting competencies & goals from the forms unless you want them to be able to do this.
- Only create for users who don't have an existing or in-progress form with an End Date: between - Recommended. This is a great option to prevent users from accidentally getting duplicate forms and can make it easier to automate mass launches without the fear of launching to the same people.
- Hide the Export and Export(Compact) buttons for documents in the Completed Folder - Not recommended. No longer allows users to export forms in their Completed folder. WILL apply to live forms
- Show digital signatures in Document Print Preview - Recommended. Specifies that the signer's name is shown on the printed copy of the form as well as their role and the date when the user signed the form. WILL apply to live forms
- Disable Due Date Validation Not recommended. WILL apply to live forms
- disables a validation by which the form is checked to make sure the end date is before or the same as the due date
- default is unchecked, so form will be checked for this validation
- Disallow users from changing the Start Date - Recommended WILL apply to live forms
- Disallow users from changing the End Date- Recommended WILL apply to live forms
- Disallow users from changing the Due Date - Recommended WILL apply to live forms
- Enable form routing to previous step - Recommended. Greatly improves workflow options allowing a person to send the form back when data is missing or extra information is desired.
- Enable Progress Meter (Enables a helpful progress meter on the form) WILL apply to live forms
- Prevent forms from being created with overlapping date ranges (this applies to all templates with this configuration enabled). Not recommended or common.
- Enable permissioning for report print preview -
- Define the PDF file name format: This is a paid customization for most clients and not commonly used.
Click on Update Form Template button to apply any changes.
- We do not support XML level changes to live 360 forms for data security reasons;
- It is not possible to change ratings or any rating scale configurations on live forms;
- It is not possible to mass push out new competencies or mass remove competencies on live forms;
- Unless the option is in the list above, any desired changes to live in-progress forms would not be possible.
If you need to make a template change that is not possible via Admin Center, please refer to the KB Article 250186 - SCR Form: XML Software Change Requests for PM / 360 Reviews Performance Processes / Templates.
SF, SuccessFactors, 360, Multi-Rater, Multi Rater, MTR, form, template, live, launched, launch, templates, change, changes, modify, modification, change request, SCR, settings, setting, configurations, configuration, form template settings, manage templates, admin center, admin tools , KBA , LOD-SF-MTR-FRM , Forms and Templates , How To
|360 Multi Rater Manage Templates - Optimize 360 Template Settings.gif|
|360 Multi RaterManage Templates - Optimize 360 Template Settings.gif|