- Attempting to connect to the Advantage Database Server returns the error 6420 (Unable to "discover" the Advantage Database Server) or 6097 (Bad IP address specified in connection path or in ADS.INI file) when the IP and PORT is used
- Other clients can connect as well as a connection from the server succeeds
- UDP Test works without issue
- Attempting to switch from the default network protocol of UDP to TCP returns the error 6409 (WinSock version not supported or IPX DLLs not found)
- Any supported SAP Advantage Database Server versions
- Sybase Advantage Database Server
- Advantage Client
- Microsoft Windows
SAP Advantage Database Server all versions ; Sybase Advantage Database Server all versions
discovery, NetWare, wsock32.dll, outdated , KBA , BC-SYB-ADS , ADS (Advantage Database Server) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.