- The Advantage Database Server (ADS) starts up on the server (service is running) and a connection can be made from a client such as Advantage Data Architect (ARC) running on the server. Clients running on other machines produce 6420 errors.
- Error 6420: Unable to "discover" the Advantage Database Server
- 10048 errors which are Windows Winsock errors appear in ads_err logs. The error is "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted."
- Any supported SAP Advantage Database Server versions
- Sybase Advantage Database Server
- SAP Advantage Data Architect
- Microsoft Windows
Sybase Advantage Database Server all versions
ADS, Sybase, ARC, error, codes, code, IPC, 6262, default port, in use , KBA , BC-SYB-ADS , ADS (Advantage Database Server) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.