- The item was originally not intended to be found in a catalog search, but now it has to be visible in the catalog(s), but the field is not editable;
- The item option "Show in Catalog" is visible in the Item record, but it is read-only;
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
In Learning Administration follow the steps below:
- Go to Learning Administration > Learning Activites > Items
- Search for the relevant item
- Open the item record
- You can see the "Available in Library" field under "Access Settings" but it is not possible to edit it.
The "Available in Library" field of the Item is not editable via the item record.
Notice that you cannot edit the value of the field "Available in Library" directly in the item record. In order to change its value use the following steps:
- In the item record look for the field "Library SKU" and copy it's value
- Go to Finance > Master Inventory
- Search for the item either:
- by using the Library SKU copied in the previous steps in the SKU field
- by enabling the item field and searching directly there
- Click in the icon to edit the item
- Check the "Available in Library" checkbox and hit in "Apply Changes"
If the value of the field is set to 'No', then the Users will not be able to find the item in a Library search. If the field displays the value 'Yes', the item may be searched in the catalog (provided the other requirements for it are correct).
KBA 2909277 - New Admin UI - Primary Entity List
KBA 2906958 - New Admin UI - Item Entity Changes & Permissions for Item Related Tabs
SAP Help Portal: Learning Item Details Fields
SAP Help Portal: Master Inventory
Show in Catalog, field, grayed-out, greyed-out, grayed, greyed, out, Master Inventory, display, catalogue, editable, read-only, change, cannot edit, attribute, LMS catalog , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , Problem