This KB article explains how to configure sftp settings with LMS administration which will send reports directly to sftp server.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > REPORT_SYSTEM config file
- Fill the following details in this file which will put the file in sftp:
#This section is used for configuring an FTP server to receive report output
#In environments where access to root level directory is denied, path can be configured as relative path
#Relative path should be in the format - <directory in user home directory>/<sub directory>/<sub directory> where <sub directory> are optional
#defaultReportFtpConfig.server=ftpupload.plateau.com - your sftp URL goes here (e.g.: sftp8.sapsf.com (no https))
Note: To send a specific report to sftp, search for the configurations below in the config file:
# for a specific report, add
IMPORTANT: You MUST remove the # otherwise you will not be able to save your changes since # marks the text as a comment and not a configuration
- Go to the Reports Tab and search for the specific report.
- Click on '+' sign to expand (icon 1 in the image below).
- Click on the "Export" icon from the report that you wish to configure for SFTP (icon 2 in the image below)
Note: You will see a report name next to "Selected Report" which is the report name that you need to provide in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file (as highlighted in red text above)
- Copy the report name on the field "Selected Report".
- Go to Reports Tab and choose to run the report or schedule it
- Choose Report destination as Remote File and run/schedule the report. It will be placed in the specified SFTP folder
- To test if the SFTP connection is working, just run the report on the spot after saving the changes in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file
- If the report fails then it is a connection issue and check the SFTP URL and credentials
- Report names should not contain the full stop punctuation.
- For example, TEST_REPORT_V2.0. When admin populates REPORT_SYSTEM for this report (for example, reportFtpConfig.TEST_REPORT_V2.0.protocol=sftp) the following error will be generated:
Cannot save the property list because the key reportFtpConfig.TEST_REPORT_V2.0.protocol is not recognized as a valid key for this property list. The unrecognized key or part of the key is: 0.
- REPORT_SYSTEM is expecting to find a command, instead it finds the 0. value Rename the report to TEST_REPORT_V2 or TEST_REPORT_V2_0. to resolve.
- At this time, it is not possible to configure saved report for remote destination. Please raise an enhancement request as per 2090228 to change this behavior.
sf, success factors, LMS, configure sftp settings, sftp folder, REPORT_SYSTEM, reportFtpConfig, Cannot save the property list, not recognized, valid key, unrecognized key, part of the key, report destination, remote file, local file , KBA , lod-sf-lms-rep reporting data , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , VJDBC Setup or Connection Issues , How To