- Execution of a command similar to:
select lct_admin("abort", 0, <dbid>)
select lct_admin("abort", <spid>)
- Attempt was previously made to KILL the process in question
- The process was in LOG SUSPEND state when KILL was attempted
- ASE errorlog may report errors similar to:
Error: 4720, Severity: 16, State: 1
The transaction log in database tempdb is almost full. Your transaction is being suspended until space is made available in the log.
Error: 7437, Severity: 16, State: 1
lct_admin(abort): Your process, with process ID 225, is now being aborted by administrator request. It has been waiting in log-suspend state in database 'tempdb'.
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00000001766b3608 found with open sdes. pspid 225, psuid -1163, pcurdb 2, system table entry 0, sdesp 0x0x0000000162aca490, objid 1920382379.
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 3617.
- Process is not cleaned up and may cause blocking or other issues in ASE
- ASE must be recycled to clear this condition
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
sybase, phantom, spid, orphan, CR767295 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.