- EMOS allows for the form to set a maximum possible overall score to be selected by the rater, based on minimum scores at the goal or competency level. It can be formulated as AND or OR conditions.
- How do we enable EMOS?
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
When you configure EMOS, or Enforce Maximum Overall Score, you set limitations on the rating that a specified role can give to an employee. Sometimes called Fail one, fail all, EMOS allows the form to set a maximum possible overall score to be selected by the rater, based on minimum scores at the goal or competency level. The rater cannot give a higher score that what is permitted by the form. This option enforces a limit on the manual overall score based on the lowest goal and competency ratings in the form.
EMOS can be enabled and configured via Manage Templates.
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Templates > select the PM template.
- Click Edit Fields and Sections. Select the Summary section.
- Click Show advanced options...
- Select Enable EMOS (Note: The option will only be available when Allow manual rating is enabled. Please enable this first and save the template.)
- Select Configure "Enforce Maximum Overall Score".
- Configure the parameters in the EMOS Configuration screen.
- Click Save to finish.
In the above example configuration, when a Manager rates an employee, if the employee's Performance Goals are at the Needs Development level or below, and the competencies are Unsatisfactory or below, then the manager cannot select a maximum overall score greater than Meets Expectations. When EMOS is configured, only the available ratings are enabled in the list of possible ratings.
EMOS, Enforce Maximum Overall Score, PM v12A , KBA , sf performance manage templates , LOD-SF-PM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , How To