You have executed a depreciation run but the run finishes with errors:
- During run for company XYZ, set of books XXX, the error 'Save failed; report an case' occurred.
- Cannot save fixed asset
- Posting not possible; fixed asset posting inconsistent
You understand that there are fixed assets inconsistent but from the depreciation run log you can't figure out which fixed assets are affected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Fixed Assets workcenter navigate to Periodic Tasks - Depreciation.
- Press New - Fixed Asset Depreciation Run.
- Enter a run description, maintain the company and the respective period and year.
- Press Start Now to immediately execute the run.
- After a few moments a message appears stating Run XYZ finished with errors.
- On the top of the screen click on Display Log.
- In the Log navigate to the Messages tab. Here the error messages are displayed. But there is no reference of the affected fixed assets.
- You navigate to the Erroneous Fixed Assets tab but there are no fixed asset IDs listed here either.
When such error messages regarding inconsistent fixed assets appear then there will be already business tasks created asking the user to update fixed asset master data.
You can find the tasks in the Work view of the Fixed Assets workcenter or in the Closing Cockpit - Closing Relevant Tasks view of the General Ledger workcenter.
The tasks will mention the involved Fixed Asset and suggest a way of checking the Fixed Asset Masterdata:
Task: Edit Missing Master Data of Asset to Enable Posting XYZ - Fixed Asset ABC.
The description of the business tasks will give you hints on what to check/update in the fixed asset master data:
The master data of the asset is incomplete - thus cannot be posted to. For detailed messages navigate to the master data of asset XYZ-ABC.
In particular you have to check the following issues to achieve posting consistency:
* If profit center accounting is active, you have to provide a valid cost center or profit center.
* Check that the parameters, useful life, and depreciation method are correct for each valuation view.
* Ensure that the assigned individual material is not already assigned to another fixed asset.
You can navigate into the Fixed Asset by clicking on the business task link and then opening the Master Data tab.
- Go to the Fixed Asset workcenter and there to the Fixed Assets - Fixed Assets view.
- Find the respective Fixed Asset and press Edit - Master Data.
Please note: Should you not be able to find the missing data it is possible that there is an inconsistency problem of your organizational structure which you need to solve before updating the fixed asset master data.
Depreciation run, Save failed , KBA , save failed , depreciation run , cannot save fixed asset , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To