Note! Customer Support is typically unable move Variable Pay template from one instance to another as there are a lot of important background elements that can be affected which may cause issues on your template. Moving Variable Pay Template from one instance to another is complex should be done with assistance from a paid Partner or Professional Services engagement.
SuccessFactors Variable Pay
Due to the complex configuration of Variable Pay Programs, it is not possible to copy the entire Variable Pay Compensation program and settings from one instance to another instance. We can do a basic copy of the template but it still requires some configuration work to be performed to set up the new program.
There are two options for creating a new Variable Pay Program within the same instance:
The first option is to use the Admin Tools > Variable Pay Administration > Compensation Home > In the left panel select the program you are wanting to copy. If it is active you will see a Copy Plan icon. Then making any needed adjustments.
- Another option is to use the Manage Variable Pay Programs > Create New Program, to create a new program from scratch, configuring each of the 18 process steps.
Copying the template xml to another instance.
- Create a new template in the Production instance (the customer has to do that.)
- Go to Provisioning (Test Instance) > Import/Update/Export Variable Pay Goal Plan Template
- Export the Goal Plan that is being used by the Test Template. You need to go to the Test instance > Template > Set Bonus Calculation and Export the correct one
- Review the Background section used in Test in Settings > Background Section ID
- Go to Provisioning (Prod Instance) > Import/Update/Export Variable Pay Goal Plan Template
- Import the Goal Plan file from Test using the same number. If that number is already in use you will need to change it in the XML to a different one:
<obj-plan-name>VRP Training Excercise (8XXX)</obj-plan-name>
7. Export the Data Model from Production and Test and ensure the Background section ID is present in Production and if the name and all fields are the same.
8. If the sections are different, Import the section from test into Production (ask the customer for confirmation)
9. Download the VRP template XML from Test
10. Open the template and replace the program ID (<comp-template-id><![CDATA[XXXX]]></comp-template-id> ) with the number that you will find in the Production instance template > Settings > Program ID
11. Go to Provisioning in Production and Update by Upload the new template with the XML from Test.
Copy or Move Variable Pay Template, Migrate Variable Pay Template , KBA , sf varpay plan setup , LOD-SF-CMP-VAR , Compensation Integration Issues with Variable Pay , How To