This KBA explains the use of the Bonus Pay-out Details.
- How can we get the RDF files for this report to work?
- Can we include hidden fields within the pay-out report?
- Can we define a currency output?
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
- SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay
The purpose of the Bonus Payout Details report is to be used for validating bonus calculation post launch of worksheets and calculation being ran.
With this, not all columns will be available within this report export which are created at assignment level etc. The following is a breakdown of this for reference.
To report on any of this information, please create a report via Analytics using the provided reporting domains on Variable Pay.
Bonus Pay-out Detail Report RDF
- When Variable Pay is implemented a client should have the Bonus Pay-out Details report.
This report requires an RDF to be loaded into the clients instance and is not something a client can load and or update.
If you require your report to be updated please contact customer support. This report is not configurable.
Please review KBA 2384884 - How to import the missing standard spreadsheet reports in the instance
Include Hidden Fields checkbox
- You have the option to include hidden fields within the payout report.
To do so, when generating the report, select the Include Hidden Fields checkbox. (VRP-1631)
- If you have columns in the background element which are hidden="true" then the report can populate blank.
Include Custom Fields
- It is not possible to define which Custom Fields are included in the Bonus Pay-out Report.
The option 'Include Custom Fields' of the Bonus Pay-out Report includes all custom fields created for the template by default.
(Note: this does not include custom fields with formula.)
Define Currency Output
- You can define currency codes when generating employee history and the bonus pay-out report.
The Administrator can choose any of the following currency codes:
- Functional Currency Code.
- Employee Local Currency Code.
- Local Currency – User can define any currency code defined in the currency conversion table.
Troubleshooting Report Issues
- Bonus Pay-out Report can be run only after form creation - Shows bonus payout per employee per form. Will combine all assignments into one total. This report is used to for payroll.
- Bonus Pay-out Details Report can be run before Variable Pay Manager Forms are created. This report is used by the Compensation Administrator to validate business goal calculations.
- Bonus Pay-out Details Report is the Aggregate report (export). Shows multiple “pay items” per employee. Used to prove out assumptions and calculations.
- If some reports are slow, please ask support to confirm if we have enabled the latest options to optimise performance for your reports.
This is Available from Provisioning>Company Settings>Enable Quartz Scheduling for Analytics Reports
Important note about the number format in the reports:
As those reports use the Ad-hoc structure, they retrieve the data directly from the Database. And unlike the data on the worksheets, the values are not formatted in the same way:
- When downloading and opening the reports in Excel, the formatting will be done by excel.
- When downloading the .csv version, and opening with some other software (like notepad ++), no formatting will take place, and the raw values will be displayed.
Starting 1H 2023, the locale of the user who is triggering the job is considered, so the report is translated for their locale for bonus payout report and the bonus payout detail report. (VRP-13299)
payout report, bonus payout detail, variable pay report, blank data, missing rdf files, rdf files, variable pay rdf, number formats, vrp formats, exported format, exr number format, exr report export, VRP-9226 , KBA , sf varpay reports , sf varpay bonus , LOD-SF-VRP , Variable Pay Programs , LOD-SF-VRP-REP , Reporting & Analytics, Data Imports & Exports , How To