- "There is no document from Asset Accounting: Message No. A3008".
- This message can be received in various transactions and not necessarily posted from a typical Asset Accounting transactions only. The key is that the transaction has line items that post into Financial Accounting (General Ledger). A line item could have its origin from a transaction in Controlling, Material Management or Financial Accounting for example.
- You have set G/L posting indicator 4 (or 6) in your depreciation area which is a "Direct Posting" to the General Ledger (T093-BUHBKT = 4 or 6): trying to display the document from Asset Accounting for example via FB03 however, you receive error code "There is no document from Asset Accounting: Message no. A3008". This is not what you expect as you believe this is a"Direct Posting" to the General Ledger and expect a link to Asset Accounting.
- In a transaction (e.g. KSB1) when you double-click on the line item to drill down to see the FI document it does not work. You receive error code A3008.
- You notice the system behaviour is not always the same: for other postings made with same transaction to the same depreciation area the drill down functionality is working as expected and you can view the FI documents.
- You notice a commonality that when the posting is done by periodic posting transaction ASKBN (report RAPERB2000) the report or transaction shows the error: "There is no document from Asset Accounting: Message no. A3008".
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Asset Accounting (FI-AA)
- SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
SAP ERP Central Component all versions ; SAP ERP all versions ; SAP R/3 Enterprise all versions ; SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP all versions ; SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA all versions
A3 008, ASKB double-clicking, drill-down, realtime, get, linking, AW01N, accurate, appropriate SAP_APPL, EA-APPL, SAP_FIN, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0, ERP 2004, ERP 2005, EHP, 470, 500, 600, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 616, 617, 618, 700, etc. , KBA , FI-AA-AA-C , Transactions , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.