- Employee Central - Workflow
- Employee Central - Compensation Information
When a workflow has been rejected and sent back to the initiator, and if the initiator updates that transaction (in this case pay change), the system will review the workflow rules all over again. If a correct event reason is found, then the system starts a new workflow. However, if that event reason cannot be found, then the current workflow will be canceled and the transaction will be saved directly, which is what happened here.
- In this case the system is working as designed, even though the workflow was rejected by one of the approvers and the pay rate change still occurred.
- When the workflow was initially sent, the Event Reason used shows as " PAYCHGINC = Pay Change Increase”. That particular code was in the workflow xml template, see below:
<equal id="compInfo.event-reason" value="PAYCHGINC" compareToNew="true"/>
- After the workflow was rejected and the pay rate changed, this time the event reason “PAYCHG” was used. That event reason is not in the workflow xml template and therefore the system did not recognize it. The system then rejected the workflow and saved the transaction directly without needing a workflow.
rejected, workflow, comp info, pay component, saved, no workflow, sent back , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions