How does HRIS Sync map EC Job Relationships to system roles
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
How are the Job Relationships mapped to system roles via HRIS Sync?
For the HRIS element: jobRelationsInfo, the HRIS field: relationship-type must be defined as a picklist in the Succession Data Model. In order to sync the known relationship types correctly into users' legacy tables, the dedicated external_codes for system relationship types are defined. The sync logic will regard the external_code for each known relationship type as a fixed value. The system will run the different sync logic (HR Manager/Matrix Manager /Custom Managers/Second Manager) based on the external_code and non-unique external-code.
The table below show the definition of external code for each known relationship type. It is fixed values in our system.
|Picklist Label||Picklist external_code||Basic User Data (EP) standard-element destination|
|HR Manager||hr manager||hrId|
|Custom Manager||custom manager||customManager|
|Second Manager||second manager||secondManager|
|Matrix Manager||matrix manager||matrixManager|
|Additional Manager||additional manager||---|
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Is it possible to remove the sync for certain roles?
A) Yes, if this is required, then you need to change the external_code value of the corresponding Job Relationship Type of the jobRelType picklist to something else (it must be unique and not an external_code from the above table).
NOTE: The sync will stop and data will be cleared in Basic User Data (EP) standard-element destination.
Q) How many Job Relationships can I have?
A) You can have as many Relationship Types as you want, but the ones that you add can only be mapped to a system role IF the system role is available/supports it.
Q) Are there any roles which I can map multiple times (i.e. have multiple users the Matrix Manager)
A) For Matrix Manager and Custom Manager roles you can configure multiple Relationship Types assigned to these system roles to have multiple users assigned as a Matrix Manager or Custom Manager for 1 user. For example, if you need to assign users more than 1 Matrix Manager, you could have multiple Matrix Manager X relationship types in the picklist, using the same external code “matrix manager”. And all these can then be sync’ed to the Basic User Data file, as the Matrix Manager role supports multiple operators. For example -: Picklist Configuration for Employee Status and Job Relationship Type
|^picklistId||OptionId||minValue||maxValue||value||status||external_code||non-unique external_code||parentOptionId||en_US||Destination System Role field|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||hr manager||hr manager||HR Manager||hrId|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||second manager||second manager||Second Manager||secondManager|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||additional manager||additional manager||Additional Manager||-------|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||matrix manager||matrix manager||Matrix Manager||matrixManager|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||matrix manager1||matrix manager||Matrix Manager 1||matrixManager|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||custom manager||custom manager||Custom Manager||customManager|
|jobRelType||ACTIVE||custom manager1||custom manager||Custom Manager 1||customManager|
Q) How will the UserID for Matrix Manager and Custom Manager be persisted to Basic User Data?
A) They will be added to the Basic User Data file with a pipe as a separator. For example, you set Matrix Manager 1, 2 and 3 (userID’s 1011343, 1011346, 1011351) in Relationship Information portlet in EC. The system will then synchronize these 3 UserID to the Basic User Data file into the matrixManager (MATRIX_MANAGER) field in the following format -:
1011343 | 1011346 | 1011351
This can also be done for the CUSTOM MANAGER role.
- For MDF Migrated Picklist instance the non-unique external_codemust also be maintained with the same values as the external_code in the jobRelType picklist.
- Please note that the roles HR Manager and Second Manager do not support multiple users being assigned to 1 role, so please do not create additional Relationship Types with the external_codes “hr manager” or “second manager” as this will cause undesired behavior and likely the wrong users sync’ed to the Basic User Data file.
- In the standard field (EP field) if you are using Element Permission you must grant that for the rule type who is updating the matrix manager field you have given WRITE permission, otherwise, the sync won't work.
- You can have Relationship Types that do not have a Basic User Data association (like the "Additional Manager example above). You would create these like any other, but you would need to use a new & unique external_code.
- Note that these “custom” Relationship Types will not sync to the Basic User Data file (so long as the external_code field points to a custom external_code).
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide: Picklist Configuration for Employee Status and Job Relationship Type
A) Chapter: Picklists, Foundation Objects, and Generic Objects // External Code must be equal to =Non-unique External Code
A) Data object tables -- chapter: Job Relationships
- 2172427 - HRIS Sync - Data Synchronization From EC to EP - Hard Coded Sync Mappings
jobRelType, Job Relationships, Employee Central, EC, Relationship Type, hris sync, ec sync, udf, custom manager, second manager, matrix manager, hr manager, PICKLIST , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To