- To define fields that can be used to search for an MDF Object, and make retrieval of MDF Object data easier and quicker, search fields can be set up.
- These fields can then be used, within the Search Panel in the Manage Generic Objects Page, to search for objects.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- To add searchable fields to an object definition, go to Searchable Fields on the Configure Object Definition form.
- Click field name and enter the names of fields and/or association that you wish to make searchable. You use the Name of the Field not the Database Field Name.
- Add more fields and associations by hitting Enter after each field name.
- Here is the Benefit Enrollment Object as an Example:
- It is useful to search for Benefit Enrollment by workerId field (This is to be able to search for the Benefit Enrollment Object Using the userID of the employee).
- These fields can be added to the ‘Searchable Fields’ to the Object Definition via the Make Correction option:
- Now when searching in Manage Data, User ID can be used to locate record:
SF, Success Factors, EC, Employee Central, Searchable Fields, MDF , KBA , sf employee central , sf mdf , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions