- What is a Full HRIS Sync, and when should we consider running a full sync?
- We have noticed that our Employee Central data for some users is not correctly sync’ed to Employee Profile. Certain data in Employee Profile does not match data held in Employee Central that is currently configured to sync to Employee Profile. What do we do?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- What is Full HRIS Sync? – A Full HRIS Sync will synchronize ALL current Effective Dated and non-Effective Dated records, across all HRIS Elements, for employees held in Employee Central. For information on HRIS Sync please refer to article 2080728 - Employee Central: What is HRIS Sync?
- How do I configure it? – Customers cannot configure the Full HRIS Sync job. Please create a Support Incident with SAP Cloud Product Support to arrange to schedule this job to be run on your instance. Please refer to article 2512570 - HRIS Sync: How to create a HRIS Sync job
- When should we ask for this Full Sync to be run? – This job should only be run if multiple users’ Employee Central data is not correctly sync’ed to Employee Profile. This is usually the case during Implementation Data Load (where sync may have been disabled to load data).
- How often should this job run? – This job should not be schedule to run on a regular basis. It should only be run ONCE if a lot of data is out of sync. Ideally the job should only need to be run once.
- How long will the job take to complete? – Depending on the amount of users in the system, and how many fields you currently sync to EP, the job generally takes a few hours to complete. However, if you have many sync-mappings and hundreds of thousands of users, it might take a little more time to complete.
- Timing – Please note that all Employee Central data transactions should be avoided whilst the job is in progress. Ideally this job should be run out of hours or over the weekend (Saturday to Sunday). Be sure to avoid any Scheduled Maintenance or Release Schedules when scheduling this job, as they can impact the job and cause it to fail. Also note, this job should never run before the Daily HRIS Sync job on any given day (always aim to run it after the Daily Sync job has run successfully).
There are alternatives to running a Full HRIS Sync if only a handful of users data is out of sync. Deleting and re-adding the current record via the UI will force the HRIS Sync job to run "On-the-fly" and sync the data from EC to EP without the need for running the Full HRIS Sync.
- Just to reiterate that a Full HRIS Sync should never be run on a regular basis. The job will impact system performance as mentioned above (as it will synchronize the ALL element data for ALL EC users), hence the reason is should only ever be run over the weekend, or out of hours.
HRIS Sync, Full Sync, ec sync, Explained, Employee Central, Full HRIS Sync, schedule, scheduled job , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , How To