- This article explains about having awareness of both the primary data set and the type of report being utilized when running Ad Hoc reports. By following this we can avoid duplicate and confused data results.
- Care needs to be taken to ensure the right type of report to obtain meaningful results when reporting on EC Compensation data.
For example here you can see on Carla Grant’s Employment Information there are 3 Job Information history events and 5 compensation history records.
- You then create and then run an Ad Hoc Job Information Data Range Report wanting to focus on Compensation Information for Carla, where as we saw she has 5 records.
- In the results we only get 3 compensation records listed for Carla, but hold on there are 5 records on her Compensation Information portlet! And 2 of those 3 listed are duplicated ones. Not what we wanted!
- Remember that this is a Job Information report that has been run! So the primary sort is by Job Information records - and it is expected behavior that it retrieves those 3 Job Info records only and will then match these 3 with the 3 nearest dated Compensation records, and display only 3.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- Employee Central - Ad Hoc Reporting
- Employee Central - Compensation Information
- If you want to see only and all compensation events then please use the Comp-Info date range reports - i.e. Recurring Compensation Information (Date Range) or Non-Recurring Compensation (Date Range) reports - because in these Report Compensation Info is the driver.
- Here when running Recurring Compensation Information (Date Range) for Carla we now see all 5 expected Compensation Information History records. Great, this is what we wanted!
Ad hoc, adhoc, report, comp info, compensation information, date range, as of date , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions