- What order needs to be followed while running Imports?
- What imports need to be performed and what does each create?
- This KB article provides an overview of importing Employee Data in Employee Central (EC)
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Importing Employee Data is an efficient way of adding employees to the system and handling employee related data changes in EC.
It is recommend to create a backup of the file before uploading records. This can be done through Ad-Hoc Reporting (or Export Extended User Information for Live Profile data). That way, you’ll be able to retrieve your data, in case records are accidentally wiped out.
To Import Employee Data:
- Go to Admin Tools > Manage Users > Import Employee Data in the older Admin UI.
- In the newer style Admin UI, choose Administration Tools > Manage Employees > Update User Information > Import Employee Data
Note: In EC, when importing employee data, the sequence of import is very important. If you do not import all the essential files in the right order you can encounter difficulties when trying to import subsequent data and also there can be data issues within the application itself later on.
- For the complete "all data" import process, please refer to the Employee Central Master Implementation Guide and the Employee Data Imports | SAP Help Portal.
- If you’re looking just doing the bare minimum imports so you can begin testing, here’s a list of imports you must complete.
- You can always come back and complete the rest of the imports later. Perform these imports in the order mentioned below.
- Basic Import
- Biographical Information Import
- Employment Details Import
- Job History Import
- Personal Information Import
- Compensation Info Import
Note: In case of a Rehire, to update Employment Information, perform a Job Information import before Employment Information Import.
FAQs: Importing Data
Please refer to the chapter "FAQs: Importing Data" in the Employee Central Imports Admin handbook, found here. This is by far the best resource to answer all of your Employee Central Core import questions
- KB article 2092931 - Some users do not Synchronize via HRIS Sync and do not appear in Ad Hoc Reports (IS_EC_SYSTEM_OF_RECORD)
- Employee Central Master Implementation Guide
- Employee Central Imports Guide.
new hire, import, employee, creation, create employee, create new hire, import order, rehire, error , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , How To