- Employee Central offers audit on when a recorded was entered or last amended, what changed and who did the change. This is useful information for understanding why something changed and for troubleshooting purposes. This article explains how this information can be obtained.
- When needing to know when and what employee data changed and who did it, where can this information be found?
- Why timezone in audit information is different than server time?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Employee Central
- In Employee Central within the Personal Information and Employment Information screens and also for Foundation Objects (in Admin Tools / Manage Pay, Organization and Job Structures) you can check the audit to see when and who changed a record.
- In Personal Information and Employment Information where History is seen, you can click through to see an audit on changes. This provides the current view of History:
- Once in the History note on the left-hand pane each separate dated change(s) that was made, ordered by the effective date of the change with the most recent first. Each field that was changed is shown with the new field value and previous field value shown with strikethrough.
- In the right pane notice the full list of values after the change (including unchanged values), and again the changed fields denoted with new (in lighter blue) and old values:
- In the bottom right of the History screen see the time, date and username of the change. This is the actual datetime of when the change record was saved onto the system. This is vital audit information.
- This is different to the effective date as it the effective date that determines when the determined changes should take effect and actually be seen on the system as the current values for the user:
- Here notice how the History feature provides an audit to build a comprehensive picture of the who, what and when of EC data changes.
- This audit information date time value is shown as per the logged in user's timezone entered in Employee Profile (User Data File).
Ad Hoc Reporting - Person and Employment Audit Domain
This report provides all the changes and corrections of an employee’s HR information, including who made changes and when. For example, reporting employee movements and flagging any historical changes:
- Auditing can be done on a number of different areas. In this case the focus is Job Information History, like above:
- Here is an even larger audit view of the History of Job Information data. Whilst through the Job History above, only the current view of history is seen, this report shows deleted information, field values, and again provides date and user audit too for changes.
- Action Type in Audit Report:
- Insert = Represents the change was made using 'Take Action' or Inserting a record into the history
- Update = Can happen from either the 'Pencil' icon or from editing an existing record from the Employee History
SF, Success Factors, Employee Central, Audit, Report, EC, AD-Hoc Report , KBA , sf employee central , audit information timezone , incorrect timezone , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-UI , History UI & MSS UI , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions