- If a customer wants to use the Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI) for the Succession Data Model (SDM), then they must reach out to an Implementation Partner to enable this feature as they should have the required access to Provisioning (the backend). This is because it is an Opt-In feature. The customer will require help and should be sent the correct documentation before getting started.
- BCUI for the SDM is a powerful Admin tool allowing administrators to maintain certain elements of the SDM using their end-user UI, instead of asking SuccessFactors staff to maintain these elements in the XML configuration files.
- The BCUI is helpful if you are a customer that would like to be able to make your own configuration choices and changes. You will find the BCUI useful if you are a customer that makes frequent use cases such as changing labels, changing the display sequence of fields, adding or changing translations, changing the visibility of fields, making fields required, country/region-specific fields and also adding custom fields.
- This KB article explains how to enable the Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI) and things a customer needs to be aware of and should carefully consider before they start using it.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
SDM, Manage Business configuration, Enable Business Configuration in Admin Tools — requires “Enable Generic Objects” and “Enable the Attachment Manager”, BCUI , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.