- This article explains how to enable the Automatic Manager Transfer for Performance Manager forms when Employee Central is enabled
- We would like to be able to automatically move Performance Manager forms to the new manager from old, when a Manager change is made in Employee Central
- SAP SucessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SucessFactors Performance Management
To enable Automatic Manager Transfer for Performance Forms when Employee Central is enabled, you will need to have the Daily HRIS Sync job updated to include the desired Automatic Manager Transfer options.
The available Automatic Manager Transfer are:
- Automatic insertion of new manager as next document recipient if not already.
- If selected, the new manager will become a part of the review process and the old manager will be removed from accountability going forward.
- Automatic Inbox Document Transfer To New Manager
- If selected, forms will be transferred from the old manager's Inbox to the new manager's Inbox.
- Automatic En Route Document Transfer To New Manager
- If selected, forms will be transferred from the old manager's En Route folder to the new manager's En Route folder.
- Automatic Completed Document Copy to New Manager
- If selected, a copy of all completed forms for the employee will be transferred from the old manager's Completed folder to the new manager's Completed folder. The old manager will retain the original forms.
At least one option must be selected, these will be used as the overall setting for Automatic Manager Transfers. If no options are selected, the system will not check the Form Template Settings for individual templates.
- How does the HRIS Sync job know to route a Performance Form to a new manager?
- The Automatic Manager Transfer options are triggered when the change is applied to Employee Profile data (UDF). When an employees Job Information is updated with a new Manager in Employee Central, how the system syncs the data to Employee Profile depends on the Effective Date of the change.
- If the effective date is the current date or in the past, the changes will sync internally, the internal mechanisms include all manager transfer options so the options selected in Form Template Settings will be applied to individual templates.
- If the effective date is in the future, the HRIS Sync job will synchronize the data with Employee Central on the effective date. The Automatic Manager Transfer options configured in the HRIS Sync job will be used for overall settings, Automatic Manager Transfer options configured in Form Template Setting will be used for individual templates.
- Can I still use Document Transfer to route forms?
- For environments where Employee Central is enabled, it is best practice that you remove permission to the Admin Center feature "Document Transfer" via Role-Based Permissions (Please refer to KBA 2509058 - HRIS Sync: Why not to use Performance Management Document Transfer when Employee Central is enabled - for more information).
- Can I still use the Employee Change Engine to prevent forms from moving to the new Manager?
- If any Automatic Manager Transfer options are selected, Change Engine will not be triggered. Please refer to KBA 2086700 - Employee Change Engine - How to enable when using Employee Central - for more information.
SuccessFactors, SF, Manager Transfer, Document Transfer, Performance Management, Employee Central, HRIS Sync , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , LOD-SF-PM-SYS , System Performance , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals all versions