- This article explains how to manage & modify a Workflow that is in progress
- We have a few Workflow requests that need to have certain approvers reassigned/removed or an extra approver added, and rather than assign Proxy permission or re-raise the request again, is there a way to change the Workflow Approver of different Workflow steps?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Workflow
- To make changes to an active/in progress workflow, please log into the system as a user with access to “Admin Tools” and has the “Manage Workflow Requests” permission granted in Role-Based Permissions.
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Employee Files > Manage Workflow Requests, and use the Search button to search for the Workflow in question.
- Then, use the Search button to find the workflow you wish to change approvers to -:
- Once you have identified the workflow that needs modifying, click the drop-down menu arrow to the right of Take Action and a menu will appear with the following options -:
- Lock Down – Will hide the workflow from all participants “Pending Requests” and “ToDo List” pages. Please note a workflow email will be generated to all participants if a workflow is set to “Lock Down”.(Note: If a workflow is already approved by one of the approver and then workflow is locked, then workflow will be still visible in View My pending requests of approver under "Request Still In Progress that I approved", with "Currently Locked" label and for initiator
- Under "My Requests Waiting for Approval")
Or Proxy or Go to Approver: My Workflow Request
Lock down: You can lock a workflow, so that it is prevented from further processing.
- Lock Down: You can lock a workflow, so that it is prevented from further processing.
- Unlock – Only shows if the workflow is Locked Down. Click to Unlock the workflow. Please note a workflow e-mail will be generated to all participants if a workflow is “Unlocked” // Unlock the locked workflow, so that it is available for further processing.
- Add Another Approver: – Allows you to add more approvers to the workflow //. If needed, you can add an additional approval step as approver to a certain workflow. You can specify whether further workflow changes are allowed.
- Change Approvers – Allows you to change the approver and also set the “Edit Transaction” value of the approver step (this is initially defined in the Workflow configuration in Admin Tools > Employee Files > Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures. //. You can exchange an approver for another employee. You can specify whether workflow changes are allowed.
- Remove Approvers – Allows you to remove approvers if needed //. You can delete an approver for the workflow.
- Route Request – Allows you to route the workflow to another step //. You can skip an approval step with this action.
- Decline – Can decline the workflow entirely //. You can decline a request, if it's not a valid request anymore.
- Change Initiator: For workflows that are sent back, you can change the initiator so that somebody else can withdraw or resubmit the request.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide: Employee Central Workflows: Implementation and Administration
- Chapter: Managing Workflow Requests as Admin
- Guide -Chapter: Mass delete Guide: Data Included in the DRTM Workflows Purge
- 2761151 - How to find the Workflow Configuration that triggered for Completed Workflows using Integration Center
- 2569295 - How to identify which workflow is triggered?
- 2367938 - Manage Workflow Requests: Cannot search for Position Workflow Requests
- 2315275 - Employee Central - Workflows & Alerts
- 3060530 - Mass decline workflows
- 2343620 - How to report on Workflows using Canvas / ORD reports?
- 2628645 - How To Set Up Workflow Purge via Schedule job for DRTM Workflows
- 2803540 - Need to remove unwanted workflows associated with inactive employees
- 2155154 - How to Change, Delete, or Add Approvers to an Existing Workflow
Manage Workflow Requests, Lock Down, Unlock, Add Approver, Change Approver, Remove Approver, Route Request, Change Initiator, Decline , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , How To