- This article explains how to enable Rule Execution in Job Info Import
- We have MDF Business Rules configured in the Job Information section of Employee Central, which trigger when we make changes/saves or when we hire new employees via the UI, but the system does not respect these rules on import. What can we do to make these rules action when we import this data?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Employee Central- Import Employee Data
- It is possible to enable Business Rules on import.The User performing the Import should have certain permissions enabled.
- For more information please refer to article 2615455 - Job Information: Rule and Propagation on Import switches now migrated to Role-Based Permissions from Company System and Logo Settings (1802)
- This is to provide more flexibility and control on what kind of rules get triggered the configuration is moved to RBP permissions.
• To access them go to Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles ->
• Select “Admin Roles that has these permissions” ->
• Permission ->
• Administrator Permissions ->
Employee Central Import Settings, here you can control the rules based on the EC objects and other configurations like propagation and incremental imports. Below is a screen shot of the settings.
- Please be aware that enabling Business Rules execution during job information import can considerably slow down the import process.
- If a rule is not propagating the values on import, then it is likely due to the following reasons -:
- The fields being propagated by rules have values provided by user in the import file,
- The field has &&NO_OVERWRITE&& set in the import file, so the rule will be ignored and the value from the previously dated record will be used.
- Fields that are propagated by Employee Central legacy propagation framework (based on propagation xml configuration) will not be overwritten by the rules execution.
- In short it means that Business Rules executed on import will only add values to fields if the fields with rules associated are left blank on import.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide:Managing Mass Changes in Employee Central
To import employee data and perform related tasks, you must have the required permissions.
You can define permissions for different roles before assigning them to users, so that they can perform tasks permitted by their role. It’s useful when there are many users who can access the Import Employee Data page, and you want to define the level of access for each user. View Chapter: Role-Based Permissions for Employee Data Import
Blog:Employee Central Import with business rules settings changes
jobInfo, job information, ec, employee central, import, trigger rules, import employee data , KBA , sf employee central , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-RUL , Job Info Business Rules , How To