- Receiving a Runtime Exception Error when Terminating a manager.
- When the final approver tries to approve the termination request, they get a Runtime Exception error:
Remote Exception: RuntimeException; nested exception is: com.successfactors.sca.ServiceSystemException: Remote Exception: Remote Exception: null; nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Validation occurs when updating the employee records, similar to change the employee record directly.
- If an error occurs while updating the direct report records, it will likely prevent the manager termination.
The cause of this type of an issue may be due to the missing Personal Information of one of the Direct Reports or more.
Once the missing Personal Information for the Direct report is completed, then it is possible to Terminate the manager.
During Termination of the manager, the Direct Reports name is not displayed, as shown below.
This means the Direct Report is missing required Personal Information.
- First fill in the Personal Information for the direct Report:
- The Direct report’s name will be displayed:
- Then if try to terminate the manager. It will be successful:
Manager Termination, SF, success factors, run time error , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TER , Termination Details , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions