The token [[INVITE LINK]] is not resolving the URL / Link for candidates who are Invited to Apply to a job.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
There are two possible scenarios that could result in the token not populating the URL in the email.
- Candidate is forwarded to a job;
- Recruiter reviews candidate's profile and decides to Invite the Forwarded Candidate to Apply to the Job;
- Recruiter goes to Action -> Invite Candidate to Apply OR click the "Invite Candidate to Apply" button;
- Email notification is triggered to candidate with the Token and not the URL for the candidate to apply.
- Candidate is forwarded to a job requisition
- Recruiter reviews the candidate's profile and decides to invite the forwarded Candidate to apply to the Job
- Recruiter clicks on Email to send a manual email to the Candidate
- Recruiter selects the template "Invite Candidate to Apply" and sends the email manually
The Candidate receives the email with the token and not the URL
The standard Application Status "Invited to Apply" has an Email Template configured to be sent to External Candidates.
According to system requirements, customers should never use status triggered emails with Invite to Apply. Only use the "Enable Invite Candidate to Apply" email trigger.
The token does not work for manually sent emails. According to system requirements, customers should never manually send emails to invite Candidates to apply, but use the “Invite Candidate to Apply” functionality instead.
Scenario A -
Clear incorrect configuration:
- Go to Admin Center -> Recruiting -> Edit Applicant Status Configuration
- Open the Application Status Set;
- Status: "Invited to Apply"
- Make sure that there are no email template configured to be triggered to External Candidates
Configure the email trigger:
- Go to Admin Center -> Recruiting -> Recruiting Email Trigger
- Enable the Trigger "Invite Candidate to Apply"
- Select the Email Template configured previously with the token [[INVITE_LINK]]
- If no template is selected for any status, when the user Invite the Candidate to Apply, the candidate will receive this email with the link that was triggered via Recruiting Email Trigger with the correct link to apply.
You would need to use the "Invite Candidate to Apply" functionalities instead.
Go to Action -> Invite Candidate to Apply OR click the "Invite Candidate to Apply" button.
You would need to ensure that the email "Invite Candidate to Apply" is enabled and correctly configured in Recruiting Email Triggers.
2590343 - Application Error When Inviting Candidate to Apply/Late Stage Application - Recruiting Management
2104024 - Candidate not Receiving Email Notification when Invited to Apply - Recruiting Management
2081317 - Late Stage Application - Recruiting
Invite, apply, late, stage, application, token, link, URL, applicant, not working, empty , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-EML , Recruiting Emails and Notifications , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem