Please consider these points closely when making a decision to implement custom division/department/location fields.
SAP Success Factors Recruiting Management
- Always test carefully in your test environment to ensure that you are comfortable with the configuration.
- The fields division/department/location are used throughout the BizX suite.
- For the Recruiting module, using the standard fields presents a few common issues:
The internal values associated with these fields are often HRIS values that you would not want to display to external candidates.
For example, your HRIS location value may include a numerical number, such as 625-Boston. This may not be the location that you would like to display to the candidates.
The values that populate these fields are directly tied to the values associated with active and inactive employees. You cannot remove values from this list, unless you disassociate them from all active employees.
Similarly, it is difficult to add new values since a new value must be linked to an active employee in the system.
There is no option to configure parent/child relationships with these standard fields. Example would be a location such as NYC, and 'child' locations such as Manhattan, etc.
If you choose to replace the standard division/department/location fields with custom fields, please consider the following:
- Data for these fields does not populate on the requisition homepage.
- These values are tied to the Recruiting module alone and are not usable in other modules.
- Picklist maintenance.
- Standard Recruiting reports will not work 'out of the box' and will need to be customized to access the custom fields.
- There is a risk that some integrations may not work because they are built with the assumption that the customer is using the standard fields.
KBA , csg_q , sf recruiting permissions , sf configuration , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions