This article describes the Employee to Candidate deconversion feature and how to activate it.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
When a BizX user is inactivated, their internal candidate profile is usually inactivated as well, and subject to any data purges rules that are set up.
If customers wish to preserve the internal candidate profile data for use in future recruiting activity, Employee to Candidate De-conversion must be configured.
This causes the Internal Candidate Profile to be switched to an External Candidate Profile and be disassociated from the inactivated Employee Profile.
Please always consider the privacy implications of Employee to Candidate conversion before choosing to implement this feature. At the very least the customer may wish to adjust the language in their Data Privacy Consent Statement to ensure that there are no legal concerns of maintaining recruiting data on former employees.
- Configuration Prerequisites and Dependencies:
- Provisioning > Enable Recruiting V2 Application.
- Provisioning > Enable Candidate Profile.
- Active processes in place to handle BizX user management.
- Candidate Profile XML -> configure standard field postConvExtContactEmail text field as read only. This field will store the external candidate's e-mail address after conversion, so that it can be later used in deconversion to re-issue the candidate’s login user name.
- In order to activate this feature, Professional Services Team engagement is required for the following:
- Inactivate the BizX user account.
- Navigate to Provisioning > Manage Scheduled Jobs > Create New Job - Job Type will be Internal to External Candidate Profile Conversion.
- Admin Center Configuration:
- Set this e-mail up in Admin > E-Mail Notification Templates Settings > Internal To External Candidate Profile Conversion Success Notification.
- This e-mail Notification must be enabled when the Job is running, otherwise the Job will fail.
- This e-mail attempts to send to the contact e-mail address on record. There may be no external e-mail address stored for an internal candidate converted to an external candidate, so the e-mail may not reach the candidate. This may affect how the customer thinks about the data privacy implications of this feature.
- Allow the scheduled job to run.
- General Observations and Prerequisites
- When an internal candidate is converted to an external candidate, the system issues a "primaryEmail" value that becomes the user’s login to the external career site.
- If DRM 2.0 (Data Retention Management) is enabled, the scheduled job must run before the DRM purge job runs to assure the data is not purged before it is converted.
- If field-level auditing is enabled, conversion activity is included in the Candidate Profile audit trail.
- Candidate must have a Inactivate the BizX user account.
- It is not possible to stop the emails being sent to the deconverted candidates and they will be sent to the primary email addresses.
- Only users that are inactive will be considered for the deconversion. However it is not the date of when the user was set inactive that is considered, but the last update date for that user. For "update" we mean any possible changes on the employee profile to any fields or any changes in the UDF file to the inactive user. This needs to be taken into consideration in case there are any jobs set up to regularly update inactive users.
- If the deconversion job is running for the very first time, the setting “Employees marked as inactive in the last [N] weeks” in "Manage Recruiting Settings" in the Admin Center will determine how far in the parst the system should go to look at inactive users. I.e. if we set “Employees marked as inactive in the last  weeks”, the system will check and pick up inactive candidates of the last 6 weeks.
- From the second time on, the system behaviour is different. The setting “Employees marked as inactive in the last [ ] weeks” will determine how far in the past the system should go to pick failed deconversions.
- From the second time on, there are 2 dates that we need to consider for the deconversion job: the "last job run" date and the date in the setting “Employees marked as inactive in the last [ ] weeks”. The system will look at the oldest date between the two. If there is no number (parameter) configured in the setting “Employees marked as inactive in the last [ ] weeks”, the system will not try to recover any failed deconversion.
NOTE: One important question that was brought by the customers is when an Employee applies for a Job Requisition as an Internal Candidate and between the hiring process, this employee is disconnected from the company and becomes an External Candidate. Is it necessary for this external candidate to apply again? Or the application become an External Application?
- The application will be not converted and this new external candidate needs to apply in the Job Requisition again. The application is linked to an Employee Profile, therefore the application will be not linked to this new External Candidate.
Deconversion, internal to external, profile conversion, postconv, post conversion, conversion, employee to candidate, application deconversion; , KBA , sf candidate , sf candidate profile , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , How To