I deleted a content item but the feed still remains.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
You want to delete a content item:
- Go to the Content section and locate the content item you wish to delete:
- Choose More > Delete selected items
- When you delete a content item (e.g. wiki, blog etc.), the related feed still exists.
- This is expected behavior. The feed item is not deleted as, although related to, it is separate from the content item
- there may be discussions/comments on the feed item; these should not be deleted.
- a user may have shared the feed
- a user may have bookmarked the feed
To delete the related feed:
- Click 'Feed Updates' and find the associated feed item
- Click inverted arrow icon, then 'Delete'
- A confirmation message appears, click Delete to remove the item from the group feed or profile wall
If your SAP Jam instance has a Home feed the feed will appear in it.
To remove the feed item from your Home feed, repeat steps 2 and 3 (above) in your Home feed.
Please note: The same applies if you delete a feed; the content that generated the feed will remain unless you go to the Content section and delete the content item:
SAP Jam feed, feed item, delete feed, delete feed items, remove, erase , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-FED , Feed Issues , How To
SAP Jam Collaboration all versions