What is a Wiki and what can I use it for?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
What is a Wiki?
- A wiki is a place where multiple people can collaborate and contribute to the same piece of information. This information is kept current because anyone (either the people in a group or anyone in the company depending on where the wiki was made), can edit the wiki and make sure it is up to date.
- Visually, a wiki can range from a simple text document to a rich media experience. An easy to navigate toolbar allows you a range of options - from text formatting to the inclusion of links, images and even external documents and video.
- Wikis can be used for just about anything. Any document or piece of information that needs to be updated by one or more people can be a wiki – the possibilities are nearly endless!
- Planning Meeting Agendas/Meeting notes
- Project Management
- Company or Department Documentation and Operation Manuals
- Event Coordination
- Track Goals and Deadlines
- Job Descriptions
- IT Network Instructions
- Onboarding – New Hire Information
- Company/Product Best Practices
- Department Knowledge Base
- To Do and Check Lists
- And so many more!
2083574 - Who can edit a wiki page? - SAP Jam
Jam, Wiki, What, is, , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To